Valencia hoping to renew Jose Luis Gaya’s contract despite Real Madrid transfer interest

first_img Real Madrid want Gaya to replace Fabio Coentrao, who is the reserve to Marcelo at the Santiago Bernabeu. Upd. at 17:41 Valencia will continue trying to renew Jose Luis Gaya’s contract despite strong interest from Real Madrid. “We spoke with agents and are currently in the process. Every renewal will happen in its own time and we are working with those players who still have deals to renew.  However, Valencia president Amadeo Salvo spoke to the media on Wednesday about the renewal of contracts. 01/04/2015 Salvo said: “We said that between January and March we were going to contact the players who wanted to renew. “We have a positive outlook. As the weeks progress there will be more news.” Rik Sharma CEST The player rejected a contract renewal made in February, which would see his minimum release fee jump to €40million from €18m. His current deal runs out in the summer of 2018. Valencia hope Gaya, as well as Pablo Piatti, Sofiane Feghouli and Dani Parejo, will pen new deals at the Mestalla. Javi Fuego recently extended his contract until 2017, along with Paco Alcacer and Antonio Barragan.  They signed Danilo on Tuesday night for €31.5m, to replace Alvaro Arbeloa.last_img read more

Lucho on Madrid ‘crisis’: People like to exaggerate

first_img 20/11/2015 “It’s an attractive game and of course we want to beat our eternal rival. We will go out there and play our game as well as possible.  Juan Manuel Diaz CET Barca travel to Madrid on Saturday for the eagerly anticipated first Clasico of the season, but the Asturian doesn’t think the game will be decisive. “This game won’t decide the league,” he added.  Rafa Benitez has had a tough time since he took charge – he had been labelled defensive by the press and came in for criticism after the defeat to Sevilla last time out.  “People like to exaggerate in football,” he said. center_img “We know how strong Madrid are… who’s favourite or not? I really don’t care. I just want my team to play to their top level. Let’s see if we can beat them. “ However, Luis Enrique feels football has a habit of blowing things out of proportion.  Upd. at 19:58 “I won’t defend our rivals, but people exaggerate things. T Luis Enrique played down the storm clouds which have gathered over Real Madrid during the past few weeks.  He was forced to deny rumours on Friday that some of his senior players had held a meeting with him to complain about the side’s tactics. last_img read more

Cricket: Sri Lanka beseeches Indian aid in tackling corruption, PM Modi pledges help

first_imgAdvertisement 7tyrNBA Finals | Brooklyn Vs2m8b0Wingsuit rodeo📽Sindre Eajea( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) 6d6suWould you ever consider trying this?😱l2j5Can your students do this? 🌚b7sRoller skating! Powered by Firework (Photo Courtesy: Hindustan Times)Advertisement Sri Lankan Cricket (SLC), which is currently fighting severe corruption has been dealt with yet another blow after its Chief Financial Officer (CFO) was arrested for alleged financial fraud.Advertisement The police spokesman Ruwan Gunasekera said that Piyal Nandana was arrested following a complaint lodged by the SLC to the Inspector General of Police.Earlier on Monday, former Sri Lankan captain and country’s Petroleum Minister Arjuna Ranatunga said that India’s Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) could provide technical expertise in probing widespread allegations of corruption in cricket.Advertisement “India has specialized knowledge on the issue having taken action against many corrupt activities in match fixing. The Prime Minister (Sri Lankan) and I made a special request to Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi. He pledged assistance,” Ranatunga told reporters.“We don’t have the expertise or the laws to deal with this problem in a proper manner. India promised to help us in drafting legislation too,” Ranatunga said after returning from New Delhi.Ranatunga also felt that the players are not to blame for the poor showing in recent times and blamed the corrupt local administration to be responsible for the current lowly standing of Sri Lanka in international cricket.The corruption and fixing allegations have hit the country’s cricket hard after a documentary aired in May alleged massive global corruption in cricket.The arrest of the Sri Lanka Cricket CFO is related to an alleged financial fraud, which was unearthed last September. An alleged attempt to transfer to an offshore account USD 5.5 million connected to the broadcasting rights of the current England tour of Sri Lanka was reported to the police’s crime investigation department.The money was one of the three tranches coming from Sony Picture Networks for broadcast rights of the England tour.Also Read:Rohit Sharma on the cusp of breaking Sachin Tendulkar’s six record in ODIs Advertisementlast_img read more

Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder rematch expected to take place before June

first_imgAdvertisement mrshiNBA Finals | Brooklyn Vsq64tysWingsuit rodeo📽Sindre E5f( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) 6ggxWould you ever consider trying this?😱r6sCan your students do this? 🌚8p7q2uRoller skating! Powered by Firework Tyson Fury and WBC heavyweight champion put on an entertaining title fight at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California in December last year. Although, many people disagreed with the fight ending in a controversial draw, as judges gave Wilder the nod 115-111 on one card, Fury 114-110 on another and the third scoring the fight 113-113.Advertisement However, fans have been anticipating to see the rematch and according to Tyson Fury’s promoter Frank Warren, the rematch will take place in the first half of 2019.Advertisement “We’re trying to make that fight at the moment, everyone wants the fight and most importantly the fighters want it,” Warren told ESPN.“The venue is looking like the US, that’s where the money is. Tyson was disappointed with the judging with the last fight, as I was, so a lot of things need to be sorted but the US is where they want it, probably in the second quarter.Advertisement “Vegas would be one of the options. I wouldn’t want to go back to California, I didn’t like working with the Californian commission and there were a lot of things we didn’t like there.“Tyson is already in the gym working hard, ticking over, and I think we would get it [the fight versus Wilder] before June.”The fight also makes big financial sense considering the first fight sold 325,000 PPV buys and it was the first PPV for both the fighters in North America.ALSO READ:Tyson Fury To Donate $10 Million Purse To Helping The Poor And Homeless    Advertisementlast_img read more

FIFA signal green for Declan Rice’s association switch

first_imgAdvertisement 2ci6iNBA Finals | Brooklyn Vs9zkzqjWingsuit rodeo📽Sindre Eoqop( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) pufaWould you ever consider trying this?😱2he9gCan your students do this? 🌚78xwxRoller skating! Powered by Firework West Ham United midfielder Declan Rice has received FIFA’s nod to switch associations after his bid for the same was approved by the world’s governing body of football. The Irish-born youngster will now be eligible for selections into the England national football team ahead of the 2020 Euro Qualifiers. Advertisement Rice, though originally born in Kingston-upon-Thames in London, had been representing the Republic of Ireland on the international level for the U16, U17, U19 and U21 groups, due to being classified as an Irishman in hierarchy from his parents and grandparents, who are of the same descent.However, the 20-year old youngster submitted a request for a transfer of association document to FIFA following a lengthy social media post last month that expressed his desire to represent the Three Lions internationally instead of his hierarchical country as before.Advertisement With the Euro 2020 qualifiers coming up ahead, England coach Gareth Southgate would now be free to call on Rice for international duty as FIFA have approved his transfer request.“We can now confirm that the change of association has been approved,” a FIFA spokesperson said earlier today.Advertisement The England squad list, which is due to be unveiled on the 13th of March, could now feature the talents of Rice, as they prepare to host the Czech Republic at Wembley on March 22 before travelling to face Montenegro in Podgorica three days later.Read also:-Gareth Southgate has his say on rumours linking him to Manchester United job Advertisementlast_img read more

CWC 2019- IND vs NZ Review: Jadeja heroics not enough as Kiwis squeeze by…

first_imgImage Courtesy: CricbuzzAdvertisement 9m7NBA Finals | Brooklyn Vs4fy346Wingsuit rodeo📽Sindre E62rt( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) lcirWould you ever consider trying this?😱qyyloCan your students do this? 🌚8uiRoller skating! Powered by Firework The Men In Blue faltered when it mattered as New Zealand advanced to their second consecutive World Cup final. The Kiwis successfully defended the target after play was stopped as a result of recurring rainfall.Advertisement Image Courtesy: CricbuzzOld Trafford witnessed a classic unfold before them over the course of two days. Electing to bat first, Kane Williamson named a solitary change with Lockie Ferguson coming in the place of Tim Southee.New Zealand’s opening woes continued as Martin Guptill failed to get going with the Indian new ball bowlers in full flow. Henry Nicholls was joined by the skipper to negotiate the threat in the first powerplay.Advertisement Jadeja was quick to strike after getting into the attack while the experienced duo of Ross Taylor and Kane Williamson were left stranded to build a respectable first innings total. With Taylor struggling at one end, Williamson soon departed after his fifty, trying to up the ante.Heavy rains came into the picture during the 47th over which forced the officials to use the reserve day with New Zealand poised at 211-5. Resuming play the very next day, Bumrah and Bhuvneshwar gave nothing away to restrict the Kiwis to 240.Advertisement Chasing 241, Team India suffered a nightmare on a surface which had a bit of moisture in. The top order collectively could only make 3 runs courtesy of brilliant bowling by the new ball opening pair if Trent Boult and Matt Henry.With the in-form trio of Rohit Sharma, KL Rahul, and Virat Kohli back in the hut with just 5 runs on the board, the onus was on the middle order to get the runs. Prior to this game, the top order was responsible for 70% of India’s total runs.Rishabh Pant and Hardik Pandya struck valuable contributions before gifting their wicket away while Dinesh Karthik was dismissed courtesy of a blinder by James Neesham at point.Ravindra Jadeja and MS Dhoni were the only batsmen left with India reeling at 92-6. The duo stitched a brilliant 116-run stand before the asking rate got better of Jadeja who departed for a well made 77 under pressure.With 25 required off 11 deliveries, Dhoni was set to unleash before a sensational direct hit from Martin Guptill ended the hopes of an entire contingent of 1.3 billion along with the Indian team.New Zealand will now face the winner of the second semi-final which is scheduled to take place at Birmingham tomorrow.Read Also:CWC 2019- God’s grace? Ravi Shastri wishes god to side by India incase of a potential final against EnglandCricket: Yuvraj Singh opens upon his fluctuated IPL career  Advertisementlast_img read more

LaLiga confirm times for Depor vs. Fuenlabrada & second division playoffs

first_img However, playing this fixture may not resolve all of LaLiga’s problems. Depor will fight their relegation, claiming it’s unfair that all the final games were not aligned, while Elche and other teams that miss out on the playoffs if Fuenlabrada get a point are also likely to pursue legal action.  As things stand, Elche are set to compete in the playoffs with Real Zaragoza, Girona and Almeria. However, with a point from the Depor game, Fuenlabrada would overtake them courtesy of their superior head-to-head record.  Upd. at 22:41 Depor, meanwhile, were relegated on the final day of the season and no result will enable them to climb out of the bottom four.  “When choosing dates, circumstances surrounding Real Zaragoza were taken into an account due to a positive case of COVID-19 restricting training schedules.” CEST LaLiga fija horarios para el Dépor-Fuenlabrada y los playoffs de ascenso The original game was cancelled due to an outbreak of coronavirus at Fuenlabrada, which has thrown the promotion picture into confusion.  The Spanish second division has taken a step close to being completed this season after LaLiga confirmed the postponed match between Deportivo de La Coruña and Fuenlabrada will be played on Aug. 5 at 20h.  “Semi-finals: 03/08/2020 “Second leg: Sunday 23rd August Cadiz and Huesca have already been promoted, but one of Zaragoza, Girona, Almeria, Elche or Fuenla will join them in the top flight next season.  Here’s the LaLiga statement and the confirmed dates:  EFE Meanwhile, once the Depor-Fuenla game has been played, LaLiga have released the dates for the second division playoffs, with one place still up for grabs in LaLiga.  IN SPORT.ES “As agreed amongst the RFEF’s Competition Committee, the postponed match on July 20th between RC Deportivo and CF Fuenlabrada from Matchday 42 of LaLiga SmartBank will be played this Wednesday 5th August at 8:00pm CET. “Second leg: Sunday 16th August “Final: “First leg: Thursday 20th August “First leg: Thursday 13th August “Meanwhile, dates for the promotion play-offs to LaLiga Santander have been agreed by all parties.last_img read more

Seagulls fail to corral Bulls

first_imgTOORADIN failed to defend its modest 101 that was easily run down by Cardinia for a win in Premier Division…[To read the rest of this story Subscribe or Login to the Gazette Access Pass] Thanks for reading the Pakenham Berwick Gazette. Subscribe or Login to read the rest of this content with the Gazette Digital Access Pass subscription.last_img

It’s not all bad news

first_imgBy JARROD POTTER SOUTH-EAST JUNIORS – BOYS INTERLEAGUE MIXED results befell the South East Juniors boys’ interleague teams that spanned…[To read the rest of this story Subscribe or Login to the Gazette Access Pass] Thanks for reading the Pakenham Berwick Gazette. Subscribe or Login to read the rest of this content with the Gazette Digital Access Pass subscription.last_img

Bombers build their crew

first_imgBy RUSSELL BENNETT EMERALD’S West Gippsland Cricket Association (WGCA) Premier side is looking to build on its first year in…[To read the rest of this story Subscribe or Login to the Gazette Access Pass] Thanks for reading the Pakenham Berwick Gazette. Subscribe or Login to read the rest of this content with the Gazette Digital Access Pass subscription.last_img